Thank you so much to ‘RubiRubiMakeup’ (https://rubirubimakeup.wordpress.com/) for nominating me. I honestly can’t get my head around the fact people actually read and enjoy my posts, let alone the fact my blog has been nominated to get greater recognition; it means a lot.
‘The Little Things Blog’ started in May 2016, so it’s all relatively new to me. I wanted to start a blog long before this, however the usual questions occurred – what will I write about? Who will read it? And of course, will people think differently of me? One day I sat down with Gareth and explained what I wanted to do and he said go for it, and I should just write about whatever I want to write about – we agreed I’d write about all ‘The Little Things’ in my life that I think, feel, do, etc. I’d always felt I needed to have a certain type of blog, but as I began writing, I made the decision to not limit myself to a specific style, and so this blog has evolved into a combination of things, but I guess it’s closest to a ‘lifestyle’ blog.
At this time, I don’t think many people were aware that I actually suffer with anxiety. My anxiety tends to be hidden and I never scream and shout about it. I was worried about discussing it on my blog for this very reason; people I know might read it and learn about how I often feel and sadly, as I have learned, it does change the way people see you. But if I wasn’t going to be honest about it, who was? So the blog also became a platform for me to be honest, whilst also helping others.
This is also my little part of the internet where I can distract myself and let out some of that ‘inner monologue’ I carry around with me!
I don’t feel qualified to give advice as I have absolutely no idea what I am doing here and wordpress is still a mystery to me (if anyone wants to educate me on how I can alter the layouts and format of my blog with more detail, please do !) . . . My two pieces of advice for new bloggers are :
- JUST WRITE! Don’t worry about what other people are saying or thinking. If you have something you want to write about – do it. It’s honestly such a massive thing to put your words out there for others to read and not everyone is going to like it or agree with it. I have a mental list of things I would like to write about on this blog and I am still working up the courage! You don’t need to stick to a ‘theme’, you don’t need hundreds of followers, just write because you have something that you want to say.
- Create a notebook of ideas. I guarantee that once you get in the flow of things, you’ll lie in bed at 1am with a blog post idea, so make sure you have a little book you can fill with ideas.
P.S (I know I am only meant to give 2 – but I also want to add, try Blogmas. It shows you that you can write about ANYTHING and you get to meet lots of other bloggers!)
I would like to nominate these three blogs, for their beautiful and courageous posts:
To The Moon and The Stars – http://tothemoonandthestars.com/
My Blurred World – https://myblurredworld13.wordpress.com/
Beth Denny – https://bethdenny.co.uk/
Thank you not only to ‘Rubirubimakeup’ but to everyone else that takes the time to listen to what I have to say.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select a blogger/bloggers you want to give this award to.Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Twitter – @blog_little (or search TheLittleThingsBlog)
Instagram – Thelittlethingsblog.tlt