Love is in the air (in the form of a delicious scent coming from my oven as these bake…)
February 14th – Valentine ’s Day. Some people love it, some hate it, but if it’s a reminder to show your affections to those you love, nothing says ‘I love you’ like some sweet treats. Equally, if you’re spending the evening alone, these Vegan and Gluten free tasty alternatives to your average cookies will be great company as you sniffle on the sofa at ‘Love Actually’.
Chocolate + strawberries = a match made in heaven; combined with oats, these are addictive treats!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 – 25 mins
• 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
• 1 and 1/4 cup gluten-free ground oats
• 1 cup gluten-free oats
• ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¾ cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup coconut oil (liquid form)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Egg substitute of choice, to the equivalent of 1 Egg (For example you could use ground Flax/Chia seeds)
• 1 Large tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
• ¼ cup dairy free dark chocolate chip (or broken chocolate chunks!
*You will also need cupcake cases!
1. Pre-Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Combine ground oats, oats, chia seeds, salt, baking powder, sugar and set aside.
3. Finely chop strawberries, and set aside.
4. Whisk together your egg substitute, vanilla and coconut oil.
5. Add your wet ingredients to the dry and mix well (mixture may appear dry at first until the strawberries are added!)
6. Fold in strawberries and dark chocolate chips.
7. Spoon heaped tablespoons into cupcake cases.
8. Bake for approx 20 minutes.
9. Let cool.
10. Share and enjoy!
P.S As much as I agree with ‘sharing is caring’, my top tip is to keep a secret box full for yourself before they all get eaten…
Twitter – @blog_little (or search TheLittleThingsBlog)
Instagram – Thelittlethingsblog.tlt